Skip to main content

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\InstallUtil.exe is not a valid Win32 application

Issue:
I'm currently updating with a service - installing, uninstalling, etc. Suddenly, when I tried uninstalling the service (by the book, using InstallUtil.exe) I get the following error:

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\InstallUtil.exe is not a valid Win32 application.
(in the command prompt I even get a message "Access Denied")
  I looked at the .NET folder, and sure enough, InstallUtil.exe lies there, with size 0 and Date Modified - a few minutes ago !!!

Solution:
replacing the file with an uncorrupted one solved the problem (lucky for me I have two machines with .NET installed).

BE a part of My Network:
Thanks & Regards,
Rizwan Ahmed
Software Engineer And Microsoft Dynamics Technical Consultant
Cell Phone:+92 332 3588699
GTalk|LinkedIn|Twitter|Facebook|Blog|Skype

Comments

Post a Comment